- Created by: lauren stewart
- Created on: 16-05-13 12:15
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT NOTES
· " a man reaps what he sows"- if a person does wrong they shall have to bear the consequences of their behaviour
· "an eye for an eye" whatever a person does to someone they should have it done back to them as a punishment
· "love your neighbour"
· “If your brother sins rebuke him, and if he repents forgive him" Jesus taught that we should forgive others if they do wrong.
· "treat others how you will like to be treated"
· “Allah commands that you judge with justice"- Muslims have duty to ensure that criminals are punished accordingly for their sins.
· " a life for a life" whatever someone has done they should have it done back to them as a punishment
· "A thief shall have his hands cut off as a punishment" criminals should be treated harshly to act as deterrence.
Causes of crime
· social reasons such as unemployment or no qualifications so they have to commit crime to get money
· environmental reasons such as times of high unemployment and becoming gang members to feel part of something
· psychological reasons such as drug addictions to pay for their habit, human nature is naturally greedy, mental illness such as pyromania which causes people to set fire to buildings
Types of crime
· Non-indictable less serious crimes
· crimes against the person- **** murder
· crimes against property- theft, vandalism, fraud