- Fair treatment to all
- One of the four cardinal virtues, along with prudence, temperance and fortitude.
Treatment of criminals
- Christian teachings show that God is loving and forgiving.
- Christians believe people who are truly sorry for their sins should be forgiven.
- 1. Retribution; is the idea that there should be payback on the criminals behalf of the victim. Not all Christians believe in this as they think that you should respond to violence by "turning the other cheek".
- 2. Reformation; this is the idea that punishment should give the criminal the chance to change and to think about what they have done. This links to the Christian view of forgiveness. When Jesus…