2.1 Responding to Change
- The Nervous System allows humans to react to their surroundings and coordinates behavior.
- Receptors detect external stimuli
- Electrical impulses pass to the brain along neurons
- The brain coordinates responses.
- The receptors are found in sense organs, the eye, ears, nose, tongue and skin.
2.2 Reflex Actions
- Reflex Actions are rapid, automatic responses to a stimulus.
- Reflexes protect us from damage eg. Moving a finger away from a burning plate.
- At the Junction between two neurons is a synapse. Chemicals transmit the impulse across the gap.
2.3 Hormones and the Menstrual Cycle
- The menstrual cycle takes 28 days, with ovulation about 14 days into the cycle.
- The cycle is controlled by…