- Even educated people from Universities still believed in Hippocratic theories; that illness was cause due to an imbalance of the four humours.
- They still used uroscopy.
- People were reluctant to accept Harvey’s ideas as this would mean Galen was wrong. Therefore they still followed his teaching.
- Cost of employment meant that regulations and rules to combat illness could not be followed effectively. I.e. frequent outbreaks of plague after 1348.
- There were still “Quacks” people trying to exploit others by claiming to have cures for illnesses.
- Galen and Islamic doctor Ibn Sina theories were still read amongst many people, and still believed to be true.
Similar History resources: