- Created by: alvlrevision
- Created on: 12-04-18 23:24
Cations are positively charged ions.
- increases rigidity of bones, teach and cartilage.
- important in blood clotthing and muscle contraction.
- activator for several enzymes.
- involved in regulation of osmotic pressure, control of water levels in body fluid
- affects absoprtion of water in the kidney
- contributes to nervous transmission
- involved in control of water levels
- assists active transport
- involved in synthesis of glycogen and protein
- involved in photosynthesis and respiration
- involved in transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide in blood
- involved in regulation…