- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 18-02-19 15:56
Vectors and Scalars
- Force is a vector quantity- it has a magnitude and direction.
- Lots of physical quantities are vector quantities: force, velocity, displacement, acceleration, momentum, etc.
- Some physical quantities only have a magnitude, and no direction. They are scalar qualities, e.g: spped, distance, mass, temperature, time, etc.
- Vectors are usually represented by an arrow- the length of the arrow shows the magnitude, and the direction shows the direction of the quantity.
- Velocity is a vector, but speed is scalar becuase speed…