- Abolished voting rights of most hereditary peers, in the House of Lords, and cut the number down to 92.
- The committee system in the House of Commons was slightly changed.
- The Human Rights Act of nineteen ninety eight was included in UK law.
- Devolution - transfer of power from Westminster to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- These new parliaments were also to be elected differently through electoral reform.
- Introduced an elected mayor to London.
- Cabinet system introduced to local government.
- Judiciary reformed - Supreme Court set…