Fundamental Elements of evolution – from where all new inherited characters originate via mutations and recombination.
How do we measure it?
- Allelic diversity (n alleles)
- Level of heterozygosity
- Proportion of loci which are variable.
- Species Richness
- Function of sampling effort
- Curve of species acumulation per unit area
The distribution of species richness is determined by a number of factors:
- Age and stability of a biome
- Continental shift
- Climate change
- Area of a biome
- Degree of isolation
- Topography (complexity)
- General climatic conditions
- Dispersal ability
- Species interactions`
Factors implicated for any given species ..
Species biogeography (past and present day distribution) & Competition and species richness
Species, assemblages and communities. The ecosystem which sustains…