- Inhibitor enters the enzymes environment.
- Shape on inhibitor matches with shape of the substrate.
- Kinetic energy: all molecules moving around.
- Sometimes inhibitor arrives at active site before a substrate.
- Inhibitor binds with enzymes active site preventing a substrate from binding.
- Other enzyme active sites are available to, a reaction can still occur but at a slower rate.
- If amount of inhibitor to increase it would slow the rate even further.
- Bind to the active site of the enzyme
- If substrate concentration is…