When comparing energy resources you should look at:
- Renewable energy resources often need bigger power stations than non-renewable and so the initial cost is higher. Nuclear reactors and hydro-electric are also very expensive to set up and to make safe.
- Fossil fuels are reliable energy providers, until the supply of them becomes smaller.
- Many renewable energy sources depend on weather and this makes them more unreliable. The exceptions are tidal power - because the tide ALWAYS comes in/out and geothermal energy.
- If there's a fuel involved, there'll be waste pollution and you'll be using up resources.
- If it relies on the weather, it's often got to be in an exposed place and therefore it causes visual pollution - it's unsightly.
- Coal, Oil and Gas cause atmospheric pollution.
- Most energy resources cause visual pollution.
- Nuclear energy produces dangerous nuclear…