- Created by: Ben Phillips
- Created on: 30-04-11 12:44
- 2/3 countries in Africa are in the world's 50th poorest countries
- Many countries are badly in debt
- They contribute the least to global warming, however they could be affected the most.
- 0.5C hotter than in 1900
- More droughts
- Less rainy seasons
- Changing patterns of rainfall will shorten the growing season.
- Coastalisation. To escape the drought, migrants flee to coastal cities and strain their economies, water supplies etc. E.g. Cotonou
- Could be 50% less crops by 2020, making malnutrition more common
- Locust plagues will also threaten crops.
- Many rivers are internationally shared. E.g. Nile.
- This could lead to water conflicts.
- Increase in malnutrition
- Malaria and diarrhoea increase, (witch…