- Created by: Joe Manktelow
- Created on: 06-05-13 21:38
- 2/3 countries in Africa are in the world's 50 poorest countries.
- Many countries are badly in debt.
- Africa as a continent contributes the least to GW whereas it may be affected the most.
- 0.5 degrees hotter than in 1900.
- More droughts.
- Less monsoon seasons.
- Changing patterns of rainfall will shorten the growing seanson in some areas.
- Coastalisation may occur to escape the drought, migrants flee to coastal cities and strain their economies, water supplies etc.
- Could be 50% less crops by 2020, making malnutrition and famine more common.
- Locust plagues will also threaten crops.
- Many rivers are internationally shared e.g. Nile. This could lead to water shortages.
- Malaria increase. As mosquitoes more suited…