- Acquired at conception
- Produce abnormally thick, sticky mucus
- Prone to lung infections
- Growth may be stunted
Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis
- Excessive sweating leading to salty skin
- Huge appetite but poor weight gain
- Pale, oily, smelly faeces
Cause of Cystic Fibrosis
- Cystic Fibrosis is caused by inheriting a deffective gene from each parent.
- It's a recessive genetic disorder
- If the child only has one copy of the CF gene then they will be carriers of the disease.
- For a child to be born with CF both parents must carry the defective gene and a normal gene.