How did the period of the second world war speed up the significant development in black communities?
- Helped the move to work in industry in northern and western cities.
- The issues of employment opportunities, housing and other social problems in ghettos.
- Racial tension in northern states aswell as the south.
- Widening horizons with black people who became impatient with De jure.
- Activity in Civil Rights group like the N.A.A.C.P and C.O.R.E.
- Civil Rights issues raised in a number of minorty cases.
How did Civil Rights evolvein the early post- wars years?
There were a number of developments during this period:
- After 1945, the anti- communist mood of the Cold war made militant campaigning more difficult
- However, this raised the issue of racist attitudes in the 'land of the free'.
- The N.A.A.C.P achieved…