- Created by: Lottie
- Created on: 16-05-12 14:42
Churchill and Eden Governments 1951 – 55
Churchill was 77 when he became PM for the second time and in many was he was a figurehead.
health was failing and he was incapacitated by a stroke for months in 1953,
However, his government introduced a number of important developments;
- Rationing was ended.
- Steel industry was denationalised.
- Conservatives committed to building 300 000 new houses a year.
- Labour’s economic policies were accepted.
- Queen Elizabeth II acceded to the throne.
- Britain’s first atomic bomb was detonated.
- Ended the Korean War in 1953
· run on a…