Attitudes to war
- Some Christians believe it can be right to fight in a war.
- Others believe it can never be justified.
The Bible has teachings on both views
- Jesus used force against people, and God would often smite people in the old testament.
- The Bible says that Christians should defend the weak and fight against evil.
- Jesus saw people misusing the temple and turned violent.
- Christians might use this incident to show that Jesus thought it was acceptable to use violence in some situations.
- Others think that war is always wrong and can never be justified.
- They say it is impossible to follow Christian teachings, to love your enemy, if you are always killing them.