Fundamentalist Christistians - Creationists
- God created the Universe from ex nihilo (nothing)
- They believe that Genesis Chapters 1 and 2 are factual accounts of the creation of the Universe.
- They entirely reject the Evolution theories of Darwin andSt Augustine (4th Century CE).
- 19th Century Christian Scientist Philip Gosse claimed that fossils were placed in the ground by God to deliberately confuse us.
- That The Big Bang Theory and The Theory of Evolution contradict the story of creation and even the existance of God, and so any such theories are false.
Other Christians -
- The Creation story is a symbolic account, or a parable of the fundamental principles of creation and God's place in it.
- Other Christians, and Christian Scientists, agree that The Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution, help to explain the events in Genesis 1 and 2, and in no way contradict their Christian beliefs because they dxo not deny the existance of God or his creation of the universe.
- St Augustine agreed that God may have created simple life…
Similar Religious Studies resources: