- Created by: daisy yemm
- Created on: 21-02-19 11:00
Synapses that use acetylcholine are called cholinergic synapses.
1. Arrival of an action potential -
- An action potential arrives at the synaptic knob of the presynaptic neurone
- The action potential stimulates voltage-gated calcium ion channels in the presynaptic neurone to open.
- Calcium ions diffuse into the synaptic knob (they're pumped out afterwards by active transport)
2. Fusion of the vesicles -
- The influx of calcium ions into the synaptic knob causes the synaptic…