- Created by: abbeyhutton
- Created on: 28-03-15 18:05
- hard water contains dissolved compounds such as calcium and magnesium salts.
- the calcium and/or magnesium ions in hard water react with soap producing a percipitate called scum.
- temporary hard water can produce a solid scale when its heated, reducing the effeicency of heating systems like kettles.
- hard water is better than soft water for developing teeth and bones. it may also prevent heart disease.
- soft water does not contain salts that produce scum or scale.
- hard water can be soften by…