- Created by: saherchoudhry
- Created on: 19-07-14 01:02
1. What is a mixture?
2. What is crude oil?
3. How does crude oil become useful components in our daily lives?
4. How can you separate all the substances in crude oil?
5. What compounds are there in crude oils?
6. What is an alkane?
7. Example of a hydrocarbon?
8. Describe how alkane’s atoms are?
9. What are the first four alkanes?
10. What is the formula to work out the amounts of hydrogen or carbon in a hydrocarbon?
1. What does the boiling point of the substance depend on?
2. What are the advantages of short chained molecule?
3. What properties of hydrogen depend on their chain length of the molecule?
4. How does the fractional distillation work?
5. How does the fractional distillation look like?
6. How does the viscosity help?
7. How does the volatility help?
1. What happens to hydrocarbons when they are burnt?
2. How is carbon dioxide and water produced?
3. Where is sulfur dioxide found and how are they released?
4. What does sulfur acid do?
5. How is carbon monoxide produced?
6. What is carbon monoxide?
7. How is nitrogen monoxide made?
8. How does nitrogen monoxide affect humans?
9. How can humans reduce acid rain by reducing sulfur emissions?
1. Why is there so much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere of 2014?
2. What are the disadvantages of carbon dioxide?
3. How was global warning created?
4. What caused global dimming?
5. What have scientist find about global dimming?
6. What is the dilemma of burning sulfur and nitrogen oxide in the atmosphere?
7. How can decrease the amount of global warming and global dimming
1. What is a biofuel?
2. What is a biodiesel?
3. What are the advantages of a biodiesel?
4. What are the disadvantages of biodiesel?
5. What is ethanol?
6. What are the advantages of ethanol?
7. What are the disadvantages of ethanol?
8. What is hydrogen gas?
9. What are the advantages of hydrogen gas?
10. What `are the disadvantages of hydrogen gas?
1. A mixture contains two or more elements or compounds that are not chemically bonded.
2. Crude oil is a dark smelly liquid. It is a mixture of lots of chemical compounds
3. When crude comes straight out from the ground it is not very useful. There are too many substances in it. Before using crude oil we need to separate the substance to different boiling points known as fractions.
4. We can separate mixture of substance from crude oil by distillation.
5. Most compounds in crude oil are hyrdogencarbons.This means that their molecules contain hydrogen and carbon. They are alkanes.
6. Alkanes contain as many hydrogen atoms as possible in each molecule and so we call hydrocarbons and also…