Notes on questions I got wrong:
- iron compound present in rust:
Hydrated Iron oxide
- What type of reaction occurs in iron rusting?
- Galvanising prevents iron from rusting. What is iron coated with?
- What object is suitable for glavanishing?
Bucket - water will be put inside it.
- Other ways to prevent iron from rusting:
- Covering with plastic
- Coating with tin or aluminuim or below in reactivity series
- Attaching magnesium or zinc blocks (to ships)
- Amonmonium chloride - ions
Positive ion: NH4+ Negative ion: Cl-
How do you know if a substance contains ions?
It will be ionic if it is: a metal…