Why do atoms form Bonds?
- Atoms with an outer shell of eight electrons have a stable elctronic structure
- Atoms can be made stable by transferring electrons. This is called ionic bonding
- Metal atoms lose electrons to get a stable electronic structure
- If an atom loses electrons, as positive ion is formed
- Non-metal atoms gain electrons to get a stable electronic structure
- If an atom gains electrons, a negative ion is formed
- During atomic bonding, the metal atom becomes a positive ion and the…