What I got wrong and why
- When drawing alkenes, remember to count number of bonds per carbon and to put in a double bond! There should only be a max of 4 bonds per carbon
- Alkene general formula CnH2n
- Alkane general formula is CnH2n+2
- Features of a homologous series include the same chemical properties, trend or same functional group. Don't say they have the same reactivity.
- BE SPECIFIC in your answers. When you say there's a trend, say there's a trend in terms of physical properties and they have similar chemical properties.
- Reaction between hydrogen and air is 2H2 + O2 > 2H2O
- Rust can be prevented also by covering in plastic
- Ammonium is not the same as ammonia! Ammonium has a formula of NH4 while ammonia is NH3 !!
- Test for ammonium ions: add NaOH solution, warm, test gas with damp red litmus and it should turn blue.
- Test for chloride ions: add silver nitrate solution and dilute nitric acid, which should form a white precipitate.
- When blue litmus turns red in HCl(aq) solution (water), mention that while it does turn red…