- Does the spelling deviate from modern English?
- Is the same word spelt in more than one way? (Showing non-standardised spellings)
- Are letters interchangeable?
- Is the long s still used?
- Are all nouns capitalised?
- Do words derive from Old English, Norman French, Latin, Greek or elsewhere?
- Do words follow Zipf's Law? Ie. are words monosyllabic?
- Are words composites and compound words?
- Semantic Change: Has a word changed its meaning?
- Are the words archaic?
- Does the level of formality vary according to context and audience?
- Are there any sayings or combinations of words that seem dated?
- Is the language literal or poetic?
- Does the word order follow…