- Curley is the boss's son, so he doesn't need to work like the ordinary ranch hands, and he has time to kill.
- He's little - so he hates big guys.
- He is a prize-fighter and looks for opportunities for a fight.
- "He glanced coldly at George and then at Lennie. His arms gradually bent at the elbows and his hands closed into fists. He stiffened and went into a slight crouch. His glance was at once calculating and pugnacious."
- He is newly-married and is very possessive of his wife - but he still visits brothels.
- There is a rumour that he wears a glove filled with Vaseline to keep his hand soft for his wife.
- Curley wears high-heeled boots to distinguish himself from…