- Created by: star
- Created on: 20-04-11 18:25
1. What is meant by “first past the post”?
It is an electoral system where voters have one vote per constituency and the3 candidate with the most vote wins.
2. What is proportional representation?
Proportional representation is an electoral system in which the number of seats a party wins is roughly proportional to its national share of votes.
3. How are decisions made locally and nationally in the UK?
Decisions are made locally by the council holding meetings to talk about the changes that are being made in the local area. Whereas, decisions that are being made nationally is held publically so everyone can hear about the decisions that need to be made in order for everyone to get involved.
4. What decisions are made locally?