- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 21-04-21 18:37
- The life course refers to the events that take place throughout an individual's life and how they assigning meaning to those.
- Marked by stages of an individual's life such as childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, middle and old age.
- Decided by decisions made such as education, relationships, marriage and divorce, childbearing and retirement.
Changes in the Life Course
- In the modern era, the life course followed a stable set of norms and values for most individuals.
- People would be brought up in a nuclear family, enter a life-long marriage, have children and then retire at 65.
- Changes to society in the 1950s and 1960s have led to changes in the way that people made decisions about their own life course; there is increasing diversity of personal lives.
Key Changes in Society
- Rise of feminism.