- Created by: Clare Parry
- Created on: 08-05-15 18:38
- the chromosomes in the nucleus of a body cell contain the genetic information (genes) of the cell.
- the chromosomes of body cell come in pairs. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes)
- Mitosis is 1 type of cell division. It occurs:
- during growth-to produce more body cells
- to produce replacement cells-when body cells are damaged
- during asexual reproduction
1) A cell has 1 large pair and 1 small pair of chromosomes in the nucleus.
2) Each chromosome is copied
3) When the cell divides in two, each cell gets one copy of each chromosome. The two cells are genetically identical.
Some organisms can produce new individuals without fertilisation. This is called asexual reproduction. Each new individual is formed from the division of…