- Proteins in the membrane act as receptors and are called 'membrane-bound receptors'.
- They have specific shapes that only complimentary messenger molecules can bind to.
- A cell that responds to a specific messenger molecule is called a target cell.
- They bind to receptors in the cell which then triggers a response.
- Glucagen: released when there isnt enough glucose in the blood. it binds to the receptor cell in the liver, causing it to break down.
- FSH: released by the pituatry gland during the…