- Created by: islaaa14
- Created on: 08-12-18 10:00
- Head of sperm contains genetic material for fertilisation
- Acrosomes in head contains enzymes so sperm can penetrate egg
- Middle piece packed with mitochondria to release energy needed to swim & fertilise egg
- Tail enables sperm to swim
- Extended so nerves can run to and from different parts of body to central nervous system
- Has extensions and branches so it can communicate with other nerve cells, muscles and glands.
- Covered with fatty sheath, insulates cell and speeds up nerve impulse.