- Created by: Zak.w
- Created on: 08-10-19 21:09
How are new cells made?
Cells divide when the body needs to:
- All body calls except gamates are diploid.
- Each cell has 46 cromosomes / 23 pairs of chromosomes (one from each parent)
- This is also called a full set of cromosomes.
- Haploid applies to Gametes / sex cell e.g. Sperm cells and egg cells
- Each cell has 23 chromosones only
- Half the number compared to a diploid cell
- GENE: A short section of a DNA which controls characteristics
- CHROMOSOME: A long strand of coiled up DNA
- NUCLEUS: Where genetic…