- Created by: kpaul1234
- Created on: 13-04-21 12:25
You should be able to
- Use the source and distribution mechanism of a signal to identify the type.
- Give an examle of how a particular type of signal (autocrine, juxtacrine, paracrine, or hormone) functions in an orgaism
- Autocrine signals diffuse to and affect the cells tthat make them eg. many tumor cells reproduce uncontrallably because they both make and respond to signals that stimulate cell division.
- Juxtacrine signals affect only cells right next to and in contact with the cell producing the signal.eg during development when cells are in groups and changing to become specialized.
- Paracrine signals diffuse to and affect nearby cells. eg in inflammation when the skin is cut
- Hormones are signals that travel through the circulatory systems of animals or vascular systems of plants.