Watson and Rayner- Little Albert study
Aim: To explore whether a fear to a harmless stimulus could be classically conditioned.
- A 9-month old infant was assessed for emotional stability.
- He was unafraid of of a range of stimuli, including a white rat, rabbit and some wooden blocks. Although he was afraid of the loud noise made from the hammer and steel bar.
- He was shown a rat again two months later and, when he reached for it, the loud noise was made. Which scared him.
- This was repeated 5 times one week later.
- After another 31 days without being…