Pride in India
Background and Aim:
- It was set up to try to reduce the problem of mass migration
- It helps local people to plan, organise and work through training
- They have developed a Special Education Centre in the slums of Mumbai
- Children who live far away from school are given bicycles
- Children are given money from an educational fund. This is later repaid.
- Libraries and book banks encourage children to read
- Separate youth clubs for boys and girls. They teach practical skills in the community
- Pre-school education centres have been set up in all vilaages for children aged 2 to 5 1/2 years.
- 160 adult centres have been created to improve adult literacy
- Study centres and special coaching classes provide teaching in English, Maths and Science
Health and Nutrition:
- The project travels around…