- Created by: GingerNinja715
- Created on: 28-10-19 19:26
India as an NEE
- Has the world's second largest population
- British colony until 1947
- Medium level of development - HDI = 0.61
- Large inequalities - 20% population live in poverty, literacy rate below 70%
- Exports services globally
Changing Industrial Structure
- Primary industry employs 50% of the workforce and makes up 17% of the GDP.
- Secondary industry employs 22% of the workforce.
- Tertiary and Quaternary industries employ 29% of the workforce and makes up 53% of the GDP through IT firms and supplying services to foreign countries such as customer service centres.
India recieves different types of Aid
- Intended to close the development gap.
- Until 2015, India recieved over £200m from the UK to tackle poverty.
- The Impact can vary, and depends on levels of corruption.