- A case study as a research method is a method that allows data to be gathered in both depth and detail.
- Either a study on an individual/ small group of individuals, that's connected in some way.
- Depth and detail required- researcher can use interviews/questionnaires/observations to gather data.
- Important- case study is a research method in it's own self. That's what makes it different.
- Case studies provide mainly qualitative data/quantative in tests.
- you gather a lot of detailed information- the researcher finds out as nuch as possible from the individual/group of individuals (often using a vareity of research methods)