- The media exaggerate the problem of crime.
- The media exaggerated the problem of crime because crime is defined as 'newsworthy' and consequently is profitable.
- Fear of crime amongst vulnerable groups.
- The media may be raising people's expectations too with regard to material success - responsible for feelings of anomie, alienation and relative deprivation.
- The content of some sections of the media - the violence, sex and drug behaviour - may be the main cause of real life violence, sex crime and drug use.
Does the media exaggerate the…
Similar Sociology resources: