- Created by: maddiesmith41
- Created on: 14-05-20 12:18
- when rate of cell multiplication is faster than the rate of cell death - casues tumour to grow.
- tumours often found in tissues with high mitosis rate.
- casued by damage to dna.
- physical damage - uv light, asbestos
- chemical damage - carcinogens.
- epigenetic damage - abnormal methylation of genes in cancer cells leads to activation or deactivation of genes whch control the cell cycle. e.g. lower levels activates genes that promote cell multipication.
- proteins stimulate or prevent the next stage of the cell cycle - they activate or inhibit enymes that initiate the reactions in the next stage.
- cancer cells do not repsond to these proteins.
- oncogenes - code for proteins that stimulate transitionof next stage of cell…