1) Jesus goes with his disciples to a village near Caesari Philippi
2) He asks them "Who do people say I am?"
3) They reply 'John the Baptist' or 'Elijah' or 'one of the prophets'
4) Jesus asks them who they think he is.
5) Peter replies "You are Christ"
6) Jesus doesn't deny this but tells them not to tell anyone. He tells them that the Son of Man will suffer, be rejected by the priests and teachers, be killed and then rise again after 3 days.
7) Peter tells Jesus off for saying such things. Jesus then rebukes (tells off) Peter for thinking like a man and not like God ("Get behind me Satan!")
Why is it important?
It is important because it…