- Created by: maya.patel
- Created on: 20-06-21 15:14
Evolution of the atmosphere 1
-Volcanoes give off carbon dioxide, nitrogen, water vapour, methane and ammonia.
- Most of the atmosphere is CO2. There is no oxygen.
Evolution of the atmosphere 2
- water vapor condensed into oceans
- CO2 dissolved into the oceans and precipitated to form sedimentary rocks
- plants and algae evolved and absorbed CO2 for photosynthesis
- when marine animals evolved shells and skeletons that became a store for carbon and turned into fossil…