ENERGY TARNSFER IN REACTION
there are two types of reactions, EXOTHERMIC AND ENDOTHERMIC REACTIONS.
- gives out energy to the surroundings usually in the form of heat
- an exothermic reaction can be found be an increase in temperature
- a way of remembering this is:
- EXO- exit
- THERMIC- heat
- meaning that heat exits the reaction.
- fossil fuels burning
- neutralisation reactions
- Takes in energy from the surrondings usually in the form of heat
- an endothermic reaction is usually seen by a decrease in temperature
- there is no obvious way of remembering this one but if u make sure u understand EXOTHERMIC REACTIONS you will easily understand ENDOTHERMIC because its the opposite.
ENERGY LEVEL DIAGRAMS
- in an Exothermic reaction the products are always below the reactants this is because it gives out energy…