There are 7 stages involved in chemical synthesis
(1)Choosing the Reaction
Chemists need to choose the reaction to make the product. For example:
- neutralisation-an acid and an alkali react to produce a salt.
- thermal decomposition-heat is usd to break up a compound into similar substances.
- precipitation- an insoluble solid is formed when two solutions are mixed.
- precipitation-an insoluble solid is formed when two solutions are mixed.
(2) Risk Assessment
This is an assessment of anything in the process that could cause injury, it involves:
- identifying hazards
- assessing who might be harmed
- deciding what action can be taken to reduce the risk.
(3) Calculating the quantities of reactants
- Using the equation chemists can calculate how much of each reactant is needed to…