Substances can be acidic, alkaline or neutral
- There's a sliding scale from very strong acid (pH 0) to very strong alkali (pH 14).
- Indicators and pH Meters can be used to determine pH.
- Indicators contain a dye that changes colour depending on whether it's above or below a certain pH.
- Universal indicator is a very useful combination of dyes, which gives the colours in the sliding scale. It is very useful on estimating the pH of a solution.
- pH meters can also be used to measure the pH of a substance. These usually consist of a probe, which is dipped in…