- Created by: c-h-a-r-l-o-t-t-e
- Created on: 11-06-17 19:43
Relative mass is the ratio of the average mass of atoms of an element in a given sample to one unified atomic mass unit.
How to find the relative atomic mass
- Write the formula of the compound.
- Write the numbers of each atom in the formula.
- Insert the relative atomic mass for each type of atom.
- Calculate the total mass for each element.
- Add up the total mass for the compound
Molecular mass is calculated as the sum of the atomic weights of each whole element multiplied by the number of…