The relative atomic mass is a measure of the mass of one atom of the element.
To calculate the relative formula mass:
- Write the formula of the compound
- Write the numbers of each atom in the formula
- Insert the relative atomic mass for each type of atom
- Calculate the total mass for each element
- Add up the total mass for the compound
Mass is never lost or gained in chemical reactions. We say that mass is always conserved. In other words, the total mass of products at the end of the reaction is equal to the total mass…