- Created by: Revise, Revise
- Created on: 12-12-17 18:39
· All substances are made up of atoms.
· The periodic table lists all chemical elements, and it has 8 groups.
· Each group has elements with similar chemical properties.
· Elements contain only one type of atom.
· Compounds contain more than 1 type of atom.
· An atom has a tiny nucleus at its centre, surrounded by electrons orbiting in the shells.
· No new atoms are ever created in a chemical reaction.
· There is the same number of each atom on both sides of balanced equation.
· The state symbols are used in symbol equations to show the state of the compound. Solid (s), Liquid (l), Gas (g), Aqueous (as) (dissolved in water).
· A mixture is made…