- Yeats tries to write in free verse in this poem
- He wanted the poem to be an intamate expression of his thoughts
- Broken - distorned image of Maud G.
- Poem has a sense or awe and love but always on a element of bitterness
- The poem is incoherant as it is memories coming back to him
- Yeats is interested in how the moon influenced life
- Yeats feels Maud has gone past the perfect formation of the moon, but he still loves her
LINE BY LINE
- 1) no symbolism or metaphores, a blut way to talk aout the women you love
- 2) she WAS breathtakingling beautiful, but she obviously still takes his breath away even in old age.
- In his mind she didnt change from this youthful and beautiful women in his ideal world
- 6) Maud Gonne used to go visit people in hospital to comfort and pray with them , this shows what a good person she was.
- 7)siberlence: how…