- Created by: samiyahhh
- Created on: 12-01-19 16:37
- Show functional activity of different areas of the brain so able to detect abnormality.
- Compare functions between normal and abnormal brains so can identify causes of differences in behaviours.
- Produce quantitative data which is reliable.
- Carried out in controlled setting so cannot show how brain responds in real - life situations, therefore low in predictive validity.
- Involve use of unrealistic tasks so results are low in ecological validity.
- Show structural changes in different areas of the brain so can show the precise malfunctioning areas.
- Can be used to compare scans between different brains, to…