- Attachment to 1 particular caregiver- unique attachment. Bowlby called this person the mother (does not have to be biological)
- Primary Attachment Figure (mother figure)
- Law Of Continuity- The more constant/predictable a child's care, the better the quality of their attachment.
- Law Of Accumalated Separation- Effects of every separation from the mother add up, and the safest dose is therefore a zero dose.
Social Releasers and The Critical Period
- Babies are born with 'innate behaviours'- smiling, cooing etc- to encourage attention from adults.
- 'Social releasers' - actvate adult attachment system.
- Both mother and…