Blood is held in the heart & blood vessels.
Tissue fluid bathes the cells of the individual tissues.
Lymph is held within the lymphatic system.
Blood and tissue fluid
- Blood- consists of blood cells in plasma
- Plamsa contains many dissolved substances including oxygen, carbon dioxide, salts, glucose, fatty acids, amino acids, hormones & plasma proteins
- The cells include red blood cells, various white blood cells & fragments called platelets
- Tissue fluid- doesn't contain most the cells & plasma proteins
How tissue fluid is formed
- When an artery reaches the tissues- branches into smaller arterioles- then into a network of capillaries
- These eventually link up with venules…